Saturday, September 5, 2009

Write me.... please.

This is a picture of me holding a jackfruit... which is probably my favorite food in country.  It probably weighed a good 20 pounds.  Yum

(I would write more on this blog, but there isn’t much to write about.  I spent the last two weeks in Kampala at training and the term doesn’t start until next week.  I am sure there will be some marvelous stories coming your way in the next few weeks.)

I went to the post office today to check if I had any packages and found out I had 3 awaiting me.  I can’t express how exciting it is to get packages here… especially when they include wonderful treasures like granola bars, books, gum, newspaper clippings, candy, crossword puzzles.  Anyways… thanks Elisa, Kathy, and Jason (and co.).  It means a ton!!

On a different note, I have been a bit sad lately because of the lack of e mails, etc. that I have been getting from people.  I think this is mostly because people don’t think their lives are interesting enough to write about… but let me assure you that I would love to hear about any little thing you do throughout the day.  (Your use of a washer/dryer, the fact that you were late to a meeting, your dinner last night, your facebook obsession… etc.) I was talking to a fellow PCV and we thought of a great idea to get you guys to write to me.  I am going to post a question at the beginning of every blog and if you feel compelled to write me your opinion on it I will be oh so overjoyed.  I figure if people don’t want to write about their day-to-day things, maybe they will want to tell me more about themselves (and maybe help me out in the meantime).  And also, I can get to know the people whom I love just a little bit better.  That, and I promise you will hear back from me.  I will answer the question for you if you want me to. J So here is the first question:

What are you passionate about and why?

(Even if you don’t know me that well I would love to hear your response… so don’t hesitate.  I have lots of time here kids.)

You can e-mail me at: ambercommer@gmail.com 

I love you and miss you all.

3 comments:

Hasse and Steve said...

I continue to follow your blog. I am so ecited about all you are doing. You look great...healthy and happy. Keep on writing. I am passionate about kids and the wonderment they bring to every moment of their days....for the most part. Hasse

Bobbie Altman said...

Amber - I am an RPCV who spent 2 years in Uganda probably before you were born! The banner picture you have on your blog brings a smile every time I see it. I still remember my days in Uganda as some of the best in my life - not always easy - but always an adventure, for sure.
Jackfruit wasn't one of my favorites, but I did find a taste for matoke. I remember the excitement of packages from home. And yes, hearing about everyday lives was the best - my mom was great at writing letters about nothing.
Keep posting. We're out here listening. Bobbie Altman - stationed at St. Leo's College, Ft. Portal

kmfullerton said...

I just found your blog through my PC journal twitter update. I'd love to follow and keep writing. My husband will be hearing what his PC destination will be in a few months. We know it is Sub Saharan
Africa and his focus will be in business. He should be heading out in Jan/Feb time frame. Yep, I'm staying behind for now. Following a passion in education reform and working in the US with underserved students. So, I'd also love to connect with what you're doing. I'm going to pass your blog on to my husband also. I already having reading the PC journal website! Stay safe and healthy.
kathy