Friday, October 16, 2009

AIDS

This is a poem one of my students wrote about AIDS.  I thought it was pretty powerful and wanted to share it with people at home:

I am AIDS

I am proud of my name

I am the greatest criminal in the whole world.

I have killed innocent people and disorganized their relatives

I have killed more then one in one battle

I have left families miserable and orphans wondering

 

I am AIDS

I threaten people

I have killed the weak and weakened the strong

I have changed promising youths into promising parasites

 

I am AIDS

I regard myself as the most handsome in the whole world

I kill people day and night

I don’t specialize in any kind of people

I kill lawyers, teachers, magistrates, tutors, students, MP’s, ministers, and even doctors themselves

 

I am AIDS

Currently, I hold the record of being the world’s number one killer and I love the position

I am dangerous and irresistible

So be aware of me, because I am hazardous to your lives.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing Amber. The poem truly is powerful. It's so unfortunate and true that it brought me to tears.